Pre-Conference: Program II (Workshop 4)
4th July, 2012, Wednesday, Seminaris Campus Hotel, Room 4, 09:00 – 17:30
W4: UP-TO-US: User-Centric Personalized TV ubiquitOus and secUre Services
HASSNAAA MOUSTAFA, ORANGE, FRANCE, HASSNAA.MOUSTAFA@ORANGE.COM
MARIA CALDERON, UNIVERSITY OF CARLOS III IN MADRID (UC3M), SPAIN
MAREK DABROWSKI, TELECOM, POLAND
HOSSAM AFIFI, TELECOM SUD PARIS, FRANCE
This workshop aims at bringing together academia and industry to present and discuss the recent advances and novel aspects of technology including network architectures, services platforms, and user equipments to help creating pathways for the development of solutions for TV services personalization over different TV systems (having different architectures and belonging to different network operators and service providers).
- Victor Sandonis; Ismael Fernandez; Ignacio Soto. SIP-Based Context-Aware Mobility for IPTV IMS Services
- Elyes Ben Hamida; Ibrahim Hajjeh; Mohamed Badra.MTLS: A Multiplexing TLS/DTLS based VPN Architecture for Secure Communications in Wired and Wireless Networks
- Emad Abd-Elrahman; Tarek Rekik; Hossam Afifi. Optimization of Quality of Experience Through File Duplication in Video Sharing Servers
- Songbo Song; Hassnaa Moustafa; Hossam Afifi; Jacky Forestier. Personalized TV Service through Employing Context-Awareness in IPTV NGN Architecture
- Mamadou Diallo; Hassnaa Moustafa; Hossam Afifi, Khalil Laghari. Quality of Experience for Audio-Visual Services
- Cuiting HUANG; Xiao HAN; Xiaodi HUANG; Noël CRESPI. A Triplex-layer Based P2P Service Exposure Model in Convergent Environment
- Rodrigo Illera; Claudia Villalonga. TV widgets: Interactive applications to personalize TV’s
- Carles Fernàndez Barrera; Joseph Rivera López. Automation of learning materials: from web based nomadic scenarios to mobile scenarios
- Stef van der Ziel. Quality Control, Caching and DNS – Industry Challenges for Global CDNs
The solicited topics for presentation and exchange in the workshop include:
- Architectures and protocols for personalized TV services management and delivery.
- Advanced technologies for TV personalization including context-awareness, content recommendation and content adaptation.
- Quality of Experience (QoE) management.
- Use-cases and business models for actors in the digital TV delivery chain
- Monetization of content.
- Traffic optimization techniques including Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)
- Content-centric networking: caching, distribution, load balancing.
- Enhanced nomadic services access as well as services continuity.
- User profile management.
- Privacy management.
Technical program committee
Professor Hossam Afifi, Telecom Sud Paris, France (Technical Program Chair)
Sherali Zeadally, University of District of Columbia, Washington DC, USA
Pascal Lorenz, University of Haute-Alsace, France
Ken Chen, Paris 13 University, France
Oscar Martinez Bonastre, University of Miguel Hernandez (UMH), Spain
Ali Begen, Cisco, USA
Xavier Anguera, Telefonica, Spain
Makram Bouzid, Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs France
Noelia de la Pena, Full On Net (FON), Spain
Raúl Varela Izquierdo, Ericsson Network Services, Spain
Hervé Brutin, Marben Products, France
Peter Stadlmann, IP-Austria, Austria
Daniel Molina, Paradigma Tecnológico, Spain
Ignacio Soto, UC3M, Spain
Wassim Haddad, Ericsson, USA
Eugen Mikoczy, Slovak Telecom, Slovakia
Marie-Jose Montpetit, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
Yiting Liao, Intel Labs, Oregon, USA
Enrique de Miguel Illari, Vmodal, Spain
Federico Alvarez, University of Madrid (UPM), Spain
Petros Daras, Informatics and Telematics Institute (IT), Greece
Silvia Bastos Molares, Vmodal, Spain (Publications Chair)
Rodrigo Illera Camargo, Gesfor, Spain (Publications Chair)
Jacky Forestier, Orange Labs (Brainstorming Session Chair)
Carles Fernandez, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (OUC), Spain (Brainstorming Session Chair)
- Paper Submissions: 5th May 2012
- Notification on Submissions: 25th May 2012
- Camera-ready papers submissions for accepted papers: 30 May 2012
All submissions must be in English and in either PDF or postscript format. Papers should be formatted using the ACM guidelines as stated in the EuroITV 2012 main program. The submissions will be reviewed by at least two PC members and will be judged on the basis of their clarity, relevance, originality, contribution, and interest to the workshop participants. Authors should send their papers to email@example.com with copy firstname.lastname@example.org, Marek.Dabrowski@telekomunikacja.pl,email@example.com
Publication of Papers
Authors of accepted papers are required to register for the workshop and present their papers at the workshop in order for the paper to be included in the proceedings. These papers will be published in the EuroITV 2012 Adjunct Proceedings. Participants will have two sessions to present their papers and the rest of the day will be used to discuss in a brainstorming session to summarize the state of the technology presented. A special issue of an appropriated journal to publish revised and extended versions of selected best papers is pending.
Share on Facebook