Guidelines for submitting doctoral consortium papers:
- Deadline for doctoral consortium papers is 31st March 2012
- Doctoral consortium papers should follow the ACM guidelines (download Word template – instructions when using LaTeX).
- Submissions must be made via the conference submission system
The EuroiTV 2012 Doctoral Consortium (DC) serves as forum for PhD students to share ideas about the development and use of interactive television techniques, compare approaches, discuss future research problems and receive feedback from the international Interactive Television community.
Phd students working in the area of interactive television are welcome to submit a paper to the Doctoral Consortium for EuroITV2012. The doctoral consortium will take place on Wednesday 4th July 2012, the first day of the conference. Financial support towards travel and registration costs up to €200 for up to 10 students are provided.
The selection of students PhD papers will be based on the technical quality and originality of their submissions to the Doctoral Consortium. The best PhD paper will be awarded with a €500,- prize!
Submissions should describe PhD research that is at a stage where feedback from the international interactive TV community might be of value. Thus, it is expected that students who will submit papers should have specified the research problems that their work will address, and have already made (or are close to make) their PhD research proposal. They should also have at least a year of work remaining to complete their PhD thesis.
Submissions must not exceed 4 pages (including references). They should be well organised and structured in a way that demonstrates the links between the concepts presented, and they should clearly specify:
- the problem(s) that the proposed research is addressing and how this fits into the bigger picture
- the aims and objectives of the research
- the methodology to achieve the objectives and the proposed solution(s), including a brief description of work done so far and a tentative plan for future work
- the main contribution(s) of the research to iTV and justification why the contribution will lead to a PhD.
Submissions should be made in electronic format as PDF files. In case your paper includes images or screenshots please ensure that you set image compression at 600dpi when you produce your PDF file.
Doctoral consortium chairs: Marianna Obrist and George Lekakos ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Share on Facebook