Guidelines for submitting workshop proposals:
- Workshop proposals should follow the ACM guidelines (download Word template – instructions when using LaTeX).
- Submissions must be made via the conference submission system – no later than November 25th, 2011 (23:59 PST).
- Notification date for workshop proposals is expected to start
10th December 2011.
Workshop proposals should be a maximum of 2 pages, are not anonymized, and should contain the following information:
- A brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the workshop goals and the technical issues that will be its focus.
- A discussion of why and to whom the workshop is of interest.
- A preliminary workshop agenda and a proposed schedule for organizing the workshop. This should include a brief description of how the organizers intend to encourage an atmosphere appropriate for a workshop, highlighting how you will stimulate interaction and creativity.
- The names and email addresses of the proposed workshop organizing committee. These people must be knowledgeable about the technical issues to be addressed and cannot all work at the same institution.
- The name of the primary contact for the organizing committee.
- A description of the qualifications of the individual committee members with respect to the EuroITV field.
- (If available) a list of workshops previously arranged by members of the proposed committee.
The purpose of workshops is to provide an informal setting where participants have the opportunity to discuss specific EuroITV topics in an atmosphere that fosters the active exchange of ideas. To encourage interaction, each workshop will be limited to 30 participants and ample time must be allotted for general discussion. Arrange in the schedule at least half of the time for discussion, interaction or creative exercises (presentations should be minimal, and take up not more than half of the workshop time).
The workshop should result in a poster (created either during the workshop itself, if there is enough time, or after the workshop by the organizers) that can be displayed in the poster area and will be explained to interested conference attendees by one of the organizers or attendees during the Poster Session. Accepted workshops might be cancelled if too few attendees (less than 6) register for the workshop.
Workshop chairs: Regina Bernhaupt and Maria da Graça Pimentel (email@example.com )Share on Facebook